Wednesday, August 31, 2011

8.31.11

Dear August,


September here. Where did you go? I didn't have time to properly prepare for your arrival. My people are being bombarded with fall catalogs full of words like "Harvest" and "Pumpkin spice" and laden with little ones walking around falling leaves in costumes, and it's going to be ninety-nine degrees on the second day of my month. This doesn't bode well for spiked cider around a campfire. 


Perplexing is a great word for how fast you seem to go. You start off with people splashing in pools, and end with the smell of new books and pencil lead. In between there are last minute vacations, a few straggling cookouts, and empty bottles of sunscreen. 


I suppose you proved yourself to be a lucky month though, didn't you? You permitted a reflection on all things to be grateful for--to feel lucky to have in lives--I know one little mama who is certainly feeling lucky and grateful for her 11-week bump. (Cue first bump photo and the yoga-with-bump photo of this pregnancy.)





That being said, it's out with the old and in with the new. People will welcome cooler temperatures and football games and crock pots full of chili as I swoop into town (although ice cream will continue to be a staple so long as I keep things at 99). 


Yes, August, it's time to bid farewell to your month of gratitude, because September's intention is...

1 comment:

  1. I hope Septembers intention has something to do with coming together and supporting those around you from 7:15-2:40 Mon-Friday......

    ReplyDelete