Tuesday, August 23, 2011

8.23.11

It's hard to believe that it is August, and I've managed to blog every single day--minus my guest poster when I was on a train.


I was reflecting tonight on what this blog has come to mean to me...


I've had this tremendous opportunity to connect with people: friends, family, acquaintances, strangers, people I haven't spoken to in years have all dropped by to see what I've been thinking.


How lucky is that?


You all (oh let's just go for it--"y'all") have held me up in some fairly dark moments. I have always been able to see the light; you just shined that light brighter. 


Blessed...lucky...and full of incredible gratitude for each and every comment, story, email, message, text, what have you, in support of my endeavor, in support of my words.


But the very best part, the one that is the delicious buttercream frosting on this cupcake, is that I have grown, because you have let me. Baring your soul can be a risky undertaking, and I am so appreciative of the world not judging...and keeping quiet if you have. 


I was talking with my sister-in-law about how as you grow older, you care less and less about what others think of you, and isn't it a shame that it takes so long? 


This blog has been the fast forward button on that part of my life. It becomes easier and easier to let go of other people's words and actions. When you sit down at the end of the day and focus on the good stuff, you can't help but leave all the other shit (pardon me) behind. It is, without a doubt, delicious.


That makes me feel like the luckiest almost 31-year-old girl in the world. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear...my son's teacher just said a cuss word! He has you 4th quarter!

    ReplyDelete