Monday, August 8, 2011

8.8.11

I spent the better half of my morning and afternoon frustrated and angry.


I had a whole list in the notes on my iPhone about what exactly led to this anger--a combination of semi-truck drivers and facebook ridiculousness--and I didn't so much care that my post was going to be a ranting and raving debbie downer negative nancy rampage. 


"I'm human," I said. "My readers should know that my world isn't always sunshine and OMs and good vibrations." (Even though I do love the Beach Boys.)


But where I'm lucky--and I'm telling you that luck is really just gratitude--is that I find myself time and again letting all the crap go and finding that sunshine. 


Or in today's case, some much needed cobalt bluish gray clouds.


I walked out of a particularly dreamy yoga class this evening--the women there just shared the most incredible energy and breath that literally left me swooning--into cloudy skies.


I'm a fan of the hot and humid and sticky. I like running in it. I like sweating in it. It's very Pitta of me.


But I think my heart and soul are just about through with the scorching. 


Which is why the clouds were such a welcome sight.


I was able to drive home with the windows down, and I smiled the whole way. Just me, the clouds, and my sweet mellow mood. 


And to top it all off, I'm blogging with the window open to the sound of a perfect thunderstorm--hail and all.


Really, I owe tonight's yogis for transforming my energy. At this point in time, semi-truck drivers can go, well, you know, and facebook stupidness...that's what the "hide" button is for. 


I will quite literally slide down this waterfall of rain, land on a pillowy gray cloud, and allow it to float me off to sleep. So long anger; hello sweet dreams.


Being able to let go is a theme to my yoga teaching (if you've ever been in my class, you know). It's because it is such an integral part of my own life--being able to release the stuckness that holds us back--that I cannot help but share that with others. It's liberating, you know? To not feel burdened by the actions and words of others, to not feel stuck in your own thoughts. Sweet release, it's so much easier to just...be...happy! Let it go. 


It's not easy...it's a daily, moment-by-moment practice. And it takes time. 


But at the end of the day, you'll sleep better when you stop dwelling on the crap. True story.


What about you, dear reader? Do you find yourself harboring your annoyances and anger? Are you able to let it go or transform it? What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment