Thursday, August 11, 2011

8.11.11

Oh mommy guilt, you are the worst


My flight leaves in...five hours (good luck to me staying awake for any festivities upon landing!), and I am racked with the guilt of taking two days of fruity drinks, chit chat, fashion mags, fancy dinners, and nights out.


I've earned it, right?


A summer spent with trips to parks, library story time, play dates and the pool; countless kisses of scraped knees and elbows and bumped heads; too many hits (child hitting me) for not letting the wee one have another cookie, or telling him it's nap time, or heaven forbid having to go inside to eat dinner! I've sung every Wiggles song recorded, often times at the top of my lungs inside Target. 


These things have made me earn two days away, right? One last summer hurrah? 


Actually, these are the things I'll miss most once this summer is over...


...but for the next two days, I'll celebrate the fact that I made it, survived, and am still smiling!


Now I shall replace that guilt with feelings of luck for having such a great kid to spend such a summer with. 


Next post from Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment