Friday, August 19, 2011

8.19.11

Things I was feeling lucky about experiencing today...



  • After a serious heart-to-heart this morning regarding pushing, hitting, and throwing toys, Will came around to be the sweetest of sweethearts on the last Friday of the summer. 
  • I remembered things I needed at Target today that weren't on my list, and given that Baby Brain is pretty much in full swing, I feel very lucky.
  • Although this pregnancy has made me turn my nose up at things I love (coffee, most Italian food, and vegetarian delights like quinoa, to name a few), it has turned me on to something that previously made my stomach churn: sushi. Not to worry, I did not go for the raw fish kind. Instead, I savored a California Roll that was truly American: drizzled in spicy mayo, some kind of sweet sauce and--ready?--fried onions. Holy crap was it good, and I ate the whole tray. Wouldn't have been able to stomach even the smell before (I think it's the vinegar they soak the rice in). Feeling lucky to have enjoyed this! 
  • I caught a second wind in this Ayurveda thing when I met with my yogi friend this afternoon for a lunch over discussion of doshas, koshas, and gunas. Excited to start putting some very basic things into practice in my teachings.
  • Lastly, we had family sing-a-long before Will went to bed tonight. My husband is mad sexy hot when he plays the guitar. It's what made me fall for him in the first place. Feeling lucky that I'm smitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment