Monday, August 1, 2011

8.1.11

Luck.


That's August's intention.


I think I should preface this month's intention by saying I don't want to believe in luck. I don't want to always think of my favorite lucky number (2), or lucky socks (the blue striped ones), or lucky necklace (a simple flower I purchased on etsy). 


Those charms completely contradict my innate belief in everything happening because it's in the greater plan for me, and my choice in saying, "This is as it should be," and not dwell or complain or gloat or declare my great fortune or terrible luck.


And yet sometimes, you can't help but say, "How'd I get so lucky?" or "What'd I do to deserve such terrible luck?"


So I was laying on my mat before I taught tonight. I love those twenty minutes or so before the studio bustles, to ground myself and my own intentions. 


I put on Ong Namo by Snatam Kaur. It's such a beautiful song. Really, go to iTunes and listen to it. 


It's always been one of my favorite songs to practice to. She sings in English, "This is your way, This is your grace." I always interpret that as I am on the path, exactly where I am meant to be--good luck or bad luck or no luck at all. 


In Sanskrit, she sings "Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo," or I bow to the divine wisdom and teacher within myself. 


It's that gut feeling--your divine wisdom. It's what tells you to roll the dice one more time; to look at two opportunities and go with the one that's screaming at you; to call home because you just have that feeling. 


It isn't luck; it's being in tune with what your senses are telling you.


So what am I going to do with this month's intention? I think I'm going to follow my gut, count my blessings, and thank my lucky stars. Or socks. Ha. Maybe I'll even eat Lucky Charms every morning for inspiration.


More than anything, I will develop a greater sense of, "This is happening for a reason."  

No comments:

Post a Comment