Sunday, August 21, 2011

8.21.11

My father-in-law decided this would be a good year to start the tradition of a back-to-school dinner.


What he secretly doesn't know is how much I love having dinner with his family. I feel rather lucky that I love my husband's family so much...I know plenty of people who would rather have teeth pulled than eat with their in-laws.


I love my sisters-in-law, my brothers-in-law, my nieces and nephews (by marriage, of course). I love talking to them, catching up with them, laughing with them, and toasting whatever with them.


I love my father-in-law. I think he's funny, and old school, and I love his stories.


I love watching Will play with his cousins. I love how much they adore him (and wear him out).


I love that someone is always taking pictures. I love that my sister-in-law captured these gems tonight.
Blonde Kauffman Cousins.

Cross-eyed in Aunt Catherine's glasses.


Sigh. Just feeling lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment