Monday, August 29, 2011

8.29.11

I love Pandora. 


I've busied myself this afternoon in my classroom with Pandora in the background. In just over an hour, parents will arrive for Open House, and by this time tomorrow, the first day will be under our belts. 


My classroom is pretty, the pencils are sharpened, planners are labeled, the date is on the board. 


And then I looked at my class lists. 


My intention of luck isn't really on my side in this department. 


So I need to look at it as "fate." The students that have been put into my classroom--especially the ones that I have...butted heads with in the past--have been put back in my room for a reason. I have something to teach them, and they have something to teach me. 


I shall teach them respect, and they will teach me patience and kindness. I shall teach them about second chances, and they will teach me about forgiveness. 


Pandora played songs for me this afternoon with some of these lyrics:


"Everybody's happy, everybody's free, keep the big door open, and everyone will come around."


"Human kindness, is overflowing." 


"Some words when spoken, can't be taken back." 


So I go to sleep tonight with a little luck under my pillow, with a wide open mind filled with fresh starts, and a heart that is full of kindness. 


At least, that's my intention...



No comments:

Post a Comment