Sunday, August 14, 2011

8.14.11

Well I didn't win anything in Vegas. Mostly because I didn't get a chance to gamble.


After taking in the Little Big Town concert and one last dinner with the girls, the red-eye back to Cincinnati was calling my name. (On a side note, the red eye is absolutely the worst travel I've ever experienced, if only because upon landing I could not function. In fact, I had to sleep for five more hours instead of being the go-getter I had planned to be. I now realize why my friends thought I was nuts when I said I'd be going to the gym right after I got home. Yeah. Greg and I went running at 5:30, and I thought I was going to fall asleep mid-stride. Note to self: no red eye flights. Ever. Again.)


I thought about being one of the sad looking people playing the Wheel of Fortune slots at the gate at the airport, but...I opted to not. During my thinking about this situation, I received word that two of my girlfriends won $80 in some strange form of Russian Roulette that involved a surfboard. So at least two of us got lucky! 


I've indulged my need for greed, for rest and relaxation, for fun and laughter. I've enjoyed one last hurrah for the summer. 


Time to refocus on soaking up these last couple of weeks with Will, on indulging in the mom part of me, before I go and be the teacher again.



1 comment: