Wednesday, August 17, 2011

8.17.11

Oh what a tough secret this has been to keep!


I have fought through many entries with queasiness and fatigue and migraines--all for the little grape-sized sibling Will is going to meet (and hopefully love immeasurably) in March (due date March 21)!


Yes, we are so crazy in love with Will that we couldn't wait to have a second one running around with him.


But hiding this pregnancy on the blog has been difficult.


The white wine sangria spritzer I sipped on in this entry? Totally a mocktail.


The frozen concoction I had in this Vegas photo? Totally "virgin" (and $8 cheaper than the real thing!).


The complete and total meltdown I had when Will locked himself in my car? I'll blame part of that on hormones.


I used to love coffee...remember my posts from Europe declaring my love for the Spanish brew? Mmmmm...cortado...oh I can't stomach it now! It's so sad!


My eagerness to get Will transitioned into a Big Kid bed sooner rather than later? That's all due to bambino numero dos.


Remember when I blogged about making vegetarian meatballs? Little did you know that it's everything I can do to not vomit when I think about them. I've had to hide all my vegetarian and vegan facebook friends (my apologies if you're one of them) because their food posts were making me gag. I can't even look at my Vegetarian Times magazine.


In fact, I refinished the dresser right around the same time I made vegetarian meatballs. It takes it all out of me to keep from gagging when I walk by the dresser.


Seriously, don't make the vegetarian meatballs.


But I haven't resorted back to meat...unless you count the Skyline I've had three times a week for the last month. Chili-cheese sandwich and a Pepsi? Don't mind if I do...curbs the queasies!


So my tummy is getting a little pooch (as my friend Amber put it, with number two, your uterus goes, "Oh hey! I remember this!" and pops right out for you...damned uterus), and I'm battling the nausea (but it's not debilitating...I have plenty of friends who were debilitated and I feel lucky that I'm not one of them), but I continue to smile (and yoga, and run, and lift) and pray that I don't gain as much weight with this one as I did with Will! Ha!


Lucky lucky lucky...to be able to share this with the world, to add to my little family, to do it all with that Greg that I love the most.

2 comments:

  1. AW...congrats to your sweet family! You're such a good momma, this next one is a lucky addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO totally INCREDIBLE!!! To have a life inside of you - growing.... I better stop or else I am going to have to pick jealousy as an intention I have to remove!

    ReplyDelete