Thursday, June 30, 2011

6.30.11

I think I'm stating the obvious here: being a mom is a never ending adventure.


My vocalized words these days involve gems like:

  • We don't play with the toaster!
  • Do you want waffles or oatmeal? Ok, waffles, oatmeal or eggs? Ok, waffles, oatmeal, or eggs or chocolate covered fruit loop dinosaurs? Oh you want the dinosaurs? The thing I just said that doesn't exist? Awesome.
  • I'll give you an M&M if you pee pee in the potty!
  • We don't put sand on dogs!
  • If you run into the dogs with your truck, the truck gets a timeout!
My actions these days involve acrobatics like:
  • Putting my hand on top of my head while crowing like a rooster...while driving.
  • Flipping my kid around and around and upside down to disorient him long enough to get him into the cart at Target.
  • Super human arm grabs to keep Will from teetering and toppling off of the edges of everything.
And so it was only appropriate that I ended this month of adventure by taking Will swimming with the yogamamas and their kids.

Have you ever changed a swim diaper full of number two? Don't answer that. Cringe if you know what I'm talking about.

So that was us tonight. 

I put him in dry clothes. My bad.

He went right back into the pool.

So then we ran around naked. 

And I tell this story, these adventures, with somewhat of an exasperated exhaustion. Mainly because it's 8:30, and after a glass of wine (okay, two glasses), I am exasperated and exhausted. 

But like most things with kids, I wouldn't trade a single moment of it--not a single laugh, a single cry, a single exasperated sigh--for any other adventure in the world.

Here we are, in our "dry" clothes...

...and the resorted to "nakedness"...

July's intention is...

No comments:

Post a Comment