Monday, June 20, 2011

6.20.11

Tonight, I am blogging from here.


It's the view from our balcony in Sitges, Spain. 


And although I didn't visit any European holy places today, I still had an epiphany.


Maybe it's the fact that the children and their chaperones boarded a plane at 8 a.m. and I boarded a bus for the beach.


Maybe it's the sunny skies, aqua water, soothing waves, and visions of palm trees.


Maybe it's just this glass of sangria. 


The thing is, we are on this life adventure for one thing: to find happiness.


My iPod found "Dog Days" while I lounged on the beach, and the smiling wouldn't stop. 


Happiness...hit her...like a train on a track...


I am happy here in Europe; I am happy at home. I'm happy with Greg and Will; with my dearest friends and my incredible family. I'm happy with what I choose to do with my work; I am happy with what I choose to do in my free time. I am happy with the amount of free time I have. I am happy writing, running, practicing yoga, meditating, sun shining, raining, sighing, sipping, meandering, guessing, tasting, singing, listening.


I am happy. 


Are you? 


If in this moment, right now on your adventure, you aren't happy, can you quick-stop and think of something that does make you happy? Stop dwelling on what's keeping you from it and revel in the things that make you smile. Did it help? Maybe a little.


Stuart and I (Stuart is my Spanish teacher friend and Stuart is a girl) found this spot today--literally, "the corner of tranquility."


Tranquil. Happy. (And proud to say, anxiety-free!)



2 comments:

  1. Amen friend....enjoy this time that you are having to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful :) Que la pases bien!

    ReplyDelete