Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6.14.11

Traveling to Europe with 8th Graders...Adventure Number Seven.
Tips:



1. Despite the fact that everyone wants to see the Moulin Rouge, it is still incredibly uncomfortable walking the teenaged boys through the Red Light District to get there. 




2. Turning the corner and seeing this for the first time through the eyes of 14-year-olds who have only seen it in books, movies, and aquamarine still makes me giddy for them.


3. No matter how many times I wander through incredibly old and holy places, I am still left with tingles and goose bumps at the incredible energy I begin to feel just stepping through the doors. My epiphany today: I feel this way because no one goes to church to pray for evil. And even though praying might not be my thing, I am incredibly honored to walk in the space where so many people bare their souls and set their intentions. 


1 comment:

  1. I can tell that you are engaged and helping your students experience the REAL world beyond Colerain Ave! Excellent job friend!

    ReplyDelete