Tuesday, June 28, 2011

6.28.11

This afternoon, as Will played with leftover patio pavers and I distractedly studied my Ayurveda texts, this little guy hopped a ride in the Chocolate Lab Express, otherwise known as Fisher's mouth.

Fisher dropped him off, completely unscathed, right at the deck door.

I didn't even see him until I heard Will saying repeatedly, "Ew! Ew! Ew!" And when I finally looked up and asked what on earth was so gross, he declared "Turtle mama!" 

So we went through what a frog was. It goes jumpy-jumpy and says ribbit-ribbit.

And suddenly I had to be very present. 

I kept the three dogs from stepping on, licking, and otherwise eating Mr. Frog. To be honest, they were fairly disinterested. I think he was just a gift to me in the first place, as though Fisher knew I just really needed a frog to complete my day. 

Will was fairly disinterested as well. In fact, he spent more time trying to pick up the ants on the deck then he did the frog. He did say, "Hi frog!" every time he walked by, which I thought was rather considerate of him. You know, make the frog feel welcome.

When Greg came home, he immediately picked up the frog to save him from 12 furry legs and two oblivious toddler legs. But Will wouldn't touch him unless I would. 

I'm not sure why I didn't want to touch the frog. The bumps on its back perhaps? 

So I did. Because I'm a mom. And that's my job. 

After that Will was all about him, touching and cooing and jumping around the frog. I was grateful he didn't attempt to give him a kiss as he does with all other animals. Not sure this one would have turned into a prince or a princess.

We said bye-bye to Mr. Frog and put him back in the garden.

The adventure ended as we jumpy-jumpy'd back into the house.

Tomorrow is it, dear blog friends. I'll give away $25 at noon. I realize $25 isn't much in this economy, but it's something, and it's free, and you get to use it wherever you feel adventure awaits! Let's hear your intentions! Click here and tell us.

No comments:

Post a Comment