Wednesday, June 22, 2011

6.22.11

It's almost time to pack it up and pack it in. This European Adventure is almost through. 

Things I'll miss about Europe...
1. Coffee
2. Gelato...two times a day
3. Pastries
4. La Boqueria
5. The slow pace of life in Spain
6. The scarf weather in Paris
7. The walking community that is a major European city

Things I won't miss...
1. Inhaling cigarette smoke while I eat, while I walk, while I shop, while I do anything
2. Car alarms and clock towers that ring and chime at 4 a.m.
3. Gelato...two times a day (my hips and thighs are oh so sad!)
4. Clutching my belongings so no one steals them
5. Spending money on adorable clothes (well, my checking account won't miss this anyway)
6. Paying to use a public restroom

But what I am really looking forward to, more than anything--what I'm counting down the hours to (as I post this we are at 28 hours!)--is hugging and loving on my boys. Adventures are good. Going home is better. 

P.S. I sun saluted 32 times today. It was therapeutic and lovely and exactly what one should do alongside the Mediterranean Sea (right after sunning, and sipping sangria). 

No comments:

Post a Comment