Sunday, June 5, 2011

6.5.11

If today wasn't adventurous, I'm not sure what would classify! 


Greg and I had an absolute blast doing our first triathlon together (until mile 16 of the bike part when I wanted to cry, throw up, and pass out all at the same time. Let this be the part where I give advice: 1. Gatorade gatorade gatorade. Water's got nothing on it in these endurance situations! 2. Buy a road bike. I worked twice as hard as everyone on my hybrid. Which is why I wanted to die at mile 16. We will be trading in that bike for a road bike. ASAP.).


I loved everything about it. The canoe part was serene and beautiful--and that could be said for the run and the bike ride (until mile 16). We laughed, we encouraged others as well as ourselves, and just had a really nice time.


And if you're curious about time, it took us just over three hours! We had no goal--except FUN!


I deem this adventure a success--and one we will repeat!
Post-race, still wanting to vomit, mustering a smile because it's good for you.

Post-race, also wanting to vomit (it subsided about an hour after the race), but I loved my lululemon tri outfit so much I had to get a pic of it!

1 comment:

  1. I love your lululemon outfit sooo much I want one!

    ReplyDelete