Sunday, June 12, 2011

6.12.11

I subbed a class this morning and in search of a good savasana reading, I picked up a book I hadn't perused in awhile. You know how things fall into your lap just when you need them? Yeah, this book was probably screaming at me from my bag. 


"You NEED me! Pick me up! Do it! You won't regret it! I promise!" 


Notes from the Universe: New Perspectives from an Old Friend by Mike Dooley.


And it gave me gems like this.


You chose your dreams for the journeys they'd inspire, and you knew when you chose them that there'd be obstacles, dark days, and knuckleheads who'd stand in your way. They're part and parcel of where you're headed, and they don't just go away.


So when you face your next challenge, welcome it. Rise up, don't back down. See it as a stepping-stone, not a wall; a valley, not an abyss. And before you know it, as one is conquered after another, the journey will be complete, and the joy of manifesting your dream will pale in comparison to the satisfaction of your persevering, overcoming, and breaking through.


Don't you see these are the days, right now, mid-adventure, that will mean the most to you once your dreams come true? Enjoy.


And finally, this.


Your wishes are what the Universe wishes for you. Your thoughts steer the ship of your dreams. And no matter where you've "been," or how challenging your circumstances, right here and now is all that matters.


You are forever. Invincible. A Being of Light on an adventure of the highest order: to have fun and be happy in a magical, infinite, loving reality that conspires tirelessly in your favor; where thoughts become things, dreams come true, and all things remain forever possible.


And so this beacon of light will depart on an adventure tomorrow--probably the last one for awhile--but an adventure in which I will have fun and I will be happy. It's too draining to try and be anything else. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment