Thursday, June 16, 2011

6.16.11

One more tip tonight from our adventure...


8. When showing kids new places, don't just tell. Ask. "What do you think?" "What's your view?" "How do you feel about it?" 


At the Musée D'Orsay today, I was exposed to some seriously intelligent thinking about art, simply by looking at my kids and saying, "What do you think?" 


So often we discount our teenagers (me included!), brushing them off as naive, immature, hormonal weirdos. 


I'm here to tell you it's just not so, friends. Validate them. Ask them. Help them on their adventure.


I'm also sad to report that despite my greatest intentions, there will not be a blog tomorrow. We will be going all day, on an overnight train, and there just isn't a way for me to do it (without costing myself lots of money by using my phone to do so). 


Please check back Saturday. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment