Saturday, January 8, 2011

1.8.11

There isn't anything unfun about a weekend. Apparently my video intention was heard loud and clear, and today, we made a video.


No, not that kind of a video. 


We made it to Round 2 of the application process to be on HGTV's "Run My Renovation." You get a room renovated for free with the catch that America votes on what goes in it. We saw an awful kitchen get red countertops and lime green floors...so I suppose it is a bit of a gamble. 


Five years ago we had also made it to Round 2 of "Desperate Landscapes" but I think I failed the phone interview for us...I was caught off guard and couldn't think of any hobbies we did together and alas...we were duds. 


So I'm hoping this time is the charm...today we had a ton of fun making our video (which is now taking 2 hours to upload to the show's server link, and I don't even know if it's in the right format). If it ever finishes uploading there, I'll post it here. Ooooo, or maybe just the outtakes...they were pretty funny. Haven't seen F-bombs fly out of Greg's mouth like that since we realized the keys fell out of the stroller on the beach in North Carolina...and we were already at the car.  We had to give 3 rooms, even though our first choice is our master bath. Choice 2 is a random room in our basement, and choice 3 is our dining room (we were out of options since we have redone every other room in the house!). 


Many thank yous to our niece Megan for filming us, and my friend Heather for loaning us her Flip (we gotta get one). Keep your fingers crossed y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment