Monday, January 24, 2011

1.24.11

I reported just a couple of days ago that I was feeling nothing but love and energy in my yoga classes. 


I take it all back.


I am now getting a sense of low, gray, dull, uninspired energy. Could it be January and its seemingly endless 31 days, the post-holiday hangover, the nothing-to-look-forward-to-but-more-winter mentality, the fact that snow has lost its magic and become mother nature's nuisance, the sheer lack of sunshine? 


I get it folks, I get it. 


But we have to push through that! Or buy Vitamin D lights! :o) 


Let me entertain you. This story is pretty fun(ny).


Today I broke up my second fight in seven years. I was holding a cup of hot Tazo Zen tea (than you Jenny C.) in my Anthropologie "K" mug (thank you Beth N.), and dragging one of my most favorite students down the hall with my tea-free hand as he screamed to the other kid, "Yeah, you get up on my level, do it, start sumthin', get up on my level." I wanted to say, "Dude, you're 3 inches taller than he is" but I settled with "Let's go, Austin. Breathe." I suppose the yoga teacher doesn't stop breathing while breaking up 13-year-old boy fights. Or maybe it was the Zen tea...had I been wearing my metallic bronze heels, this would have painted a more entertaining picture. Instead, I had on practical teacher shoes. Perhaps bronze is in order for tomorrow. 


I came home from teaching tonight to a glass of wine already poured, and a husband who decided to get creative in the kitchen--and, I might add, made an incredible vegetarian meal. 


Best of all, I got to experience this...


...cuddling, watching Elmo, and finally, falling asleep. I know he won't nuzzle into my chest forever, or twirl my necklaces with such gentleness and love. These moments are becoming oh so savored.


What was fun and good about your day? Come on...post something! Go to bed tonight focusing on what was good (and fun!). You will wake up very different for your Tuesday. :o) 











2 comments:

  1. Your "fun" self inspired me to begin my blog again! Mine is starting out a bit on the heavy side but I just know that it will become a source of joy which translates into SMILES...yes?
    Oh thank you dear friend for inspiring me to have FUN-O!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they don't snuggle with Mommy forever, but the memories remain in your heart. Fun for me today was playing Suduko on the 7th grade coach's cell phone with his two little daughters. They were actually pretty good at it for only being 5 and 7. And, I won the "plastic baby drop" game (sounds sick when you put it that way) at Amanda's shower. More fun would have been experienced watching you drag your student to the office (especially in the non-sensible bronze shoes). Love the picture of you and Will!

    ReplyDelete