Thursday, January 27, 2011

1.27.11

First of all, thank you thank you for all of your comments, posts, emails and texts sharing your enthusiasm with us about our television debut. Intend a little "fun" in life and ye shall receive, eh? We will definitely be sharing the details with you as the process evolves. 


I've said it already this month and I'll say it again: love love love love our gym. Maybe it's because we have Will and the place is so family-oriented. Maybe it's because we get to see our family members when we are up there (tonight we saw my dad, who, by the way, was on his way to yoga. Rock on, dad!). Maybe it's just I look at the gym differently than I did in my early 20s. It's not just a place to burn off Friday night beer binges and afternoon Reese's Cups...it's a place to gather, see familiar faces, sweat next to people you like...hmmm, perhaps I'm taking the value of our gym too far. 


It's like my yoga studio. The people become familiar and eventually, your friends. You don't just go to burn calories or train, you go to catch up, and wait for it--have fun. Maybe it's a little like church. A community. With people you love.


That's all. A community. 


So it's Friday Eve, and this is the last weekend of the "Fun" intention. I'll reflect next Monday, but I am very much looking forward to putting these last few days into full "fun" mode. I am sitting here 27 days into the project absolutely amazed at how much my attitude toward things has changed. I know some of you have been inspired and I am thrilled to hear your stories. Keep tuning in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment