Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1.26.11

Move over Kardashians, the Kauffmans are taking over reality TV land.


Because we made it! "Run My Renovation" picked us, a dorky engineer and his equally dorky wife, to have not just our master bath renovated, but our master bedroom (which we spent about $1500 on a couple of years ago, but oh well!) renovated! 


We're so excited, we're so excited, we're so...so...excited! (Couldn't help but include a little Saved by the Bell Jessie Spano reference.)


The catch is that America picks out all of our stuff. I'm okay with it, really. The paint color is the only thing that makes me nervous, and I can change that for $30 if I really truly hate it. I'm just so glad that Greg and I don't have to do these rooms by ourselves! Every other indoor and outdoor space has caused broken nails, burns and scrapes, stab wounds and mosquito bites, sore biceps and finger tips, and in this one, the pros take over! Ok, I might have to use a drill or jack hammer or a miter saw, but I've done it! I'll look so smart! 


Which brings me to our shared 2 fears: looking like awkward idiots on camera, and having zits that the camera adds 10 pounds to. Because we're 30+ and still break out...poor Will has no chance at good skin. 


Anyway, what fun! As soon as we know America is voting on our stuff, I'll let you, blog reader, know, so that you can go pick out lime green laminate flooring and red counter tops (we saw that episode last week...yikes!). 

3 comments:

  1. Shut up!!! That's so cool!!! You deserve it! (Not the lime green laminate though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! What FUN!!! I want to vote...promise I won't pick lime green...but I LOVE red:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! See...the time and attention that you are giving your blind student teacher is being paid back by America giving you its time and attention! Oh this will be exciting!

    ReplyDelete