Sunday, January 2, 2011

1.2.11

This is why I blog. 

Here I sit, with a cup of seriously delicious hot chocolate from Ireland (thank you Jamie Kauffman for flying it here, and thank you, dear husband for making it for me), staring at my "Fun" candle (there's something soothing about gazing at a flame--a great Drishti), in my own little straightened up corner of the playroom (thank you Christmas Break for giving me the time to organize). Most importantly, it's the opportunity at the end of the day to go back and say, "Ok, what was good?" 

In many ways, I feel that this "Fun" intention should lead me to impress you. Do I need to jump out of an airplane? (ahem, not a chance in that hot place down below.) Maybe I should take trapeze lessons? Pole dancing? Give circus tickets to my nieces and nephews? 

Today did not bring any of those adventures...today's "fun" was in cooking. Or the preparation to, anyway.

I loooooove cooking. Not so much baking, although it can pass the time just fine. Fill my kitchen with onions and garlic in a saute pan and...heaven! I give all of my gratitude to my dad for instilling in me a love for good food, and the patience to cook it. 

Since moving my diet toward vegetarianism ~ 9 months ago, cooking has become even more of an adventure. (Greg is 100% supportive...I'm sure his weekly brisket lunch on Fridays at BBQ Revue helps.) :o) Today I selected three new recipes to try out of the latest issue of Vegetarian Times and I look forward to cooking them up this week. Thinking about the ingredients, scoping out the pantry, substituting here and there--my brain truly has fun with that. 

So what are the delicious bits? Roasted Red Pepper Pizzas, Cannelini Gratin, and Curried Potato, Peas, and Cauliflower. I'll share my thumbs up/down as the week goes on. (Last night was the Moosewood vegetarian lasagna...even if you HATE tofu, you would never know it was in this recipe.)

As I sip the last of the cocoa, I am staring intently at the fun candle, hoping that 5 a.m. doesn't come too early tomorrow, and that I can have a little fun on the first day back to work. Work: the true test of this little Intention project... :o) Have a great Monday everyone...hope it's FUN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment