Thursday, January 6, 2011

1.6.11

First, a few random things.

1. I am currently making full use of my leopard print Snuggy by using the arms. It's cold. I only wish I had ordered myself a bedazzled Neil Diamond edition Snuggy when it was available during the holidays. Oh yes. That exists.

2. I promised an update on those recipes. Roasted red pepper pizzas left something (a lot) to be desired. Tonight's potato-cauliflower curry with cucumber sauce was phenomenal. I'll post the recipe...later. 

3. I love family gym night. Like, LOVE family gym night. Will gets to play, we get a good workout. Sometimes Aunt Olivia, Grandad, and Julie are there. I love our gym. That's all. 

So, a new adventure should be fun, right? 

I'm getting my very first student teacher next week. Her name is Carmella. She's apparently old and blind, no joke. Going to be having my textbook blown up into an extra large print edition for her, and arrangements will need to be made in my room to help her get around stuff. She's going to be with me until May. 

I'd be lying if I said I'm not suddenly having a massive control panic attack. I've always wanted a student teacher. It sounded...fun! And now that it's looming I'm feeling...anxious. I'm not even worried about whether or not she's nice. I'm thinking she's going to be wonderful. But will she still be fun for my kids? Will she keep the rule that if you shoot a basket and miss you have to clean a table? What about homework? Will she still have them call the google phone number and leave voicemails in French? And the most fun food project of all--will she do it? I worry about her sucking the fun out of my room...

...and then I remember why I'm doing this, I set an intention of fun every day. It can come in all forms: fun family gym night, fun cooking, fun in my class, fun with colleagues, funny stuff that happens...and fun adventures. 

If it's all about intention, then I'm not stopping now. I look forward to meeting this next fun adventure next week. 

P.S. This just occurred to me...call them signs from the Universe...
1. My grandmother was essentially blind when she passed away. 
2. My grandmother's favorite TV show at the time of her passing was "Dancing with the Stars." 
3. My grandmother died on May 5th, the same day Carmella is supposed to end her student teaching with me. 

Alright Universe...I'm listening. :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment