Thursday, December 1, 2011

12.1.11

Peace.


That's December's intention.


I am typing this with tears in my eyes. How can it already be December? How is this project already on its 334th day? How did I reach the last candle in the box?


Peace seems fitting for this month. First snowfalls blanket the earth with a stillness and silence that can only be described as peaceful. Choirs everywhere belt out hymns and carols of peace on earth. As the anticipation of the holidays builds, people become a bit more peaceful toward one another: more kind, more accepting, more forgiving.


I don't have any particular goals to set with this intention of peace. I instead want to soak up every moment, every typed word, every shared thought and emotion. 


I think this will perhaps bring me to the ultimate peace within. 

No comments:

Post a Comment