Monday, December 19, 2011

12.19.11

Let's see...six days to go before the big day, and I think my Christmas Grinch finally left.


It happened about ten minutes ago. I was scooping pre-made cookie dough onto the cookie tray for my homeroom kids tomorrow (door decorating contest and peanut butter cup cookies? Yes please!), and even though my kitchen counters weren't covered in flour and the floor wasn't slippery with sugar, I found myself humming "Deck the Halls" as I carefully portioned out those tablespoons of cookie dough.


Also tomorrow? The annual French 1 yule log cakes. This year marks year number nine, and I am totally excited to see what they bring in. And eat them.


And Wednesday? The eighth year for French 1 holiday caroling. I so look forward to posting the video--the kids are really something creative this year. 


Aaah, holiday peace in my heart, welcome back!


I sit here, re-reading this post and thinking, "How is it possible that of all things, my students helped me find this holiday cheer?" 


No answer. Just lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment