Sunday, December 18, 2011

12.18.11

Today was a beautiful day. 


The bright sunshine and not-too-cold temperatures made it ideal weather for coming out of the house to walk or run, to finish shopping, to just enjoy.


My apologies to my readers who have never been pregnant, although if you've ever experienced depression of any kind, surely you can relate.


I've talked about how this pregnancy has been filled with the ol' Baby Blues. One reader related so much, that she sent me a thank you note, for making it less of a shameful, at times ridiculous, thing. 


And really, on a beautiful day like today, with no real complaints (unlike yesterday), I found myself sad sad sad. And ashamed that I was wasting such a day. (And I type this post with hesitation, not afraid of being too honest, but facing silent judgment.)


So as I lay in bed, Baby Blues crying outburst almost over, husband attentively and lovingly and patiently by my side, my greatest teacher walked to the window.


The plantation shutters were closed. 


"It's dark mama. Too dark," Will said.


In the next breath, he threw them open, as though he were performing the best magic trick in the world, as if to say, "Abracadabra! Darkness be gone!" 


Instead, he said, "And now it's not dark mama. It's bright. And sunny." 


I smiled. 


Simplistic logic from my greatest teacher.


Dark veil lifted. Magic trick a success. Peace returned to heart and mind. Baby Blues outburst finished as quickly as it began, as they so often are.


I dried my tears, and we went on with this beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment