Thursday, December 22, 2011

12.22.11

With only three prep days left until the big game, perhaps my readers are expecting a post about how amazing my first day off was, how much baking Will and I did together, how reflective I was about the peacefulness this time of year can bring, and then perhaps I should culminate it with a sweet Will and mom moment. 


I shall entertain you in other ways...


My first day off was, in fact, amazing (it was a day off, was it not?).


I spent the morning hours running at the gym and taking great delight in every person I passed...even if they were literally all 80 years old...and maybe one of them had a cane...but at just over six months pregnant, I get lapped like crazy in the evenings!


I then packed plenty of snacks and Will and I hit a few stores for last minute items. Ridiculous. There's a reason Will says "Jesus Christ" whenever he hears a horn, no matter the situation. His mom has a touch of road rage.


And then sweet William fell asleep nuzzled in my scarf as I read him off to dream land. I remember reading a mommy blog once, in which this mom beautifully described herself in the same situation, and her choice to leave all that needed to be done behind, close her eyes, and soak up the two hour nap cuddled with her child.


I thought about that post. I did. I even closed my eyes, took a sweet releasing sigh, soaked it all in.


And then I got the heck up because every gift needed to be wrapped and there were things to be baked! Christmas isn't waiting, people! 


Bonus, Will slept for a record list-completing three hours, and I had time to read and laugh hysterically at this blog about the coveted elf on the shelf, which, for the record, hasn't moved from its original location, nor has it been noticed, asked about, or used as a threat since the day after Thanksgiving. 


Nope, person of the year I was not today. I did not have any kind of cutesy baking moments, or sweet reflections on my place in this world (I mean, I let myself be excited about lapping grandparents). 


And I have nothing to culminate this post with except for an exhausted, worn out, going to go collapse into bed now because being a holiday hurricane is hard work and maybe tomorrow I should seek more peace.


Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment