Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12.28.11

My kids can grow up and be whatever they want to be. 


And while I don't necessarily hope for a teacher to follow in my footsteps, I was warmed heart and soul tonight by the following interaction with Will. Oh yes, it's another mommy entry.


I took Will to the yoga studio before my class tonight so that we could dance and be goofy. We've been reading My Daddy Is A Pretzel a lot lately (Baron Baptiste), and he gets a kick out of the poses.


I turned on Laurie Berkner, and we danced around to songs about dinosaurs and buzzing bees and tobasco sauce on burritos. We sat on the meditation bolsters as though they were horses, and we had a race. Oh, and Will turned the OM night lights on and off. And then on. And then off. Again and again and again.


As the time drew nearer for Greg to come and pick him up, I unrolled my mat and walked away. 


"Mommy, come here!" 


I turned around to find him in up dog in the center of my mat.


"Wow buddy! Can you do down dog too?" 


He could.


And then he stood up, balanced on one leg with the opposite foot on his shin. He danced his hands in the air above his head and said, "Look mommy! I'm a tree!" 


Greg walked in, and Will sat down.


"Daddy, you do tree." 


Greg obliged. Will laughed.


"I teach yoga like mommy," he said.


It brought me a sense of peace knowing that my child doesn't just pick up on the fact that I say the word "No" eight hundred and eighty-seven times a day. 


He picks up on the good stuff, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment