Saturday, December 17, 2011

12.17.11

When my brother was in high school, he had a band called Disturbance of Peace. 


Tonight's blog is a disturbance of the usual peaceful cheerful posts I make. 


I'm sitting here laughing at what today was, because after you go through the gamut of emotions, laughter is where I usually end up. 


We just got home from our second trip to Target, where we picked up A Sesame Street Christmas Carol. We ended up with that because they were sold out of The Polar Express. Sad, sad day.


Why'd we go to Target for a second time on a spectacular holiday evening? We had to cancel our Christmas party plans because of a tot that may or may not have hand, foot, and mouth disease.


After spending the morning cleaning and scouring (really, this is the last time), we had our first house showing today, and we piled all three dogs and Will into the Volvo and away we went. To the park? Too cold, feverish kid. Let's drive by the lot we picked out, we decide.


We make it to Milford and Will sticks the finger in his mouth too far down his throat. 


Vomit all over my car. 


Bonus to having the dogs along? They helped clean up. Until Cooper got nervous and leaked fluids from his bum onto the seat. 


Cue pregnant lady gagging.


A package of baby wipes and one stripped down kid later, we headed to Target for the first time in the day, to buy Will a new pair of pants.


All the way home, Fisher the biggest dog laid on top of Cooper the old man dog, and with each Cooper cough, I'd turn around on edge waiting to clean up more, well, vomit. 


And each time I'd turn around, Will would whine in his sick voice that makes me sad, "Mommy hold me?" 


Upon our arrival home, our realtor is finishing up our photos and says that the couple loved our house...but it was out of their price range.


And then right before dinner I watched the first 15 minutes of Up and found the emotional release I seemed to have been teetering on the edge of since 9:00 this morning. 


Oh why can't I have a glass an entire bottle of wine? 


So while my holiday shopping isn't finished, and it hasn't snowed enough to consider it seasonal, and the bite from this Bah Hum Bug seems to be growing bigger instead of healing, I am forced to look on the bright side...there's always a bright side, right? 


I have my health. I have my family. I have plenty of love to go around. I have food, and shelter, and a job, and heat, and friends and a car.


And the smell will eventually dissipate from that car.


And, most importantly, I have the ability at the end of the day to not dwell in its events, to move on. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment