Sunday, March 13, 2011

3.13.11

I went into my "office" while Will napped today, and as I tidied up, I decided to light the three intention candles of the year so far. 


Imagine my disappointment when this month's candle, "Success," refused to light.


I called to Greg.


"This is a terrible omen!" 


He came in and we dug at the wick.


We immediately began to come up with cliches for success.


"You don't reach success without making a mess." 


"The road to success isn't always paved with gold."


"Sometimes it takes help from others to reach your goals." 


"Never count yourself out of the game. Where there's a will, there's a way." 


Soon we were in fits of giggles, and the candle was lit.


Success. 


A shout out to two ladies celebrating some big successes today:


To Jessica and Susi, who today ran the farthest they've ever run in their lives (Jessica, 8 miles and Susi, 16 miles)--Congratulations! And although you don't know one another, your spirits were probably connected today. :o)


We'll just keep the goals going tonight with another reader submission. This blog friend appears to be struggling with a "good ol' boys" mentality. What tips for success can we give her? 


I want to be a success at getting men from an older generation to hear my voice and not say, “She has had too much wine or she is just being emotional.” I want them to acknowledge that “Yeah, she is making sense...maybe I could learn and grow from listening to her!” And if I could be heard by them WITHOUT crying then I would be a success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment