Monday, March 21, 2011

3.21.11

I have the most lovely and divine post for tomorrow night. A few friends have shared some gems with me, and I look forward to passing along their wisdom.


Tonight, we discuss the insanity that is "We're going to be on TV" and "We are SO not excited about the choices viewers are voting on!" 


To recap, we were selected to be on HGTV's Run My Makeover. America picks out what goes in our room. But not really. It's only 9 things. In two rooms. So you pick out "a few" things. 


We specifically decided to not define our "style," because we loved that we didn't have to define it. It would just...appear, like pumpkin carriages and mice horses. 


And now that the wall color options are pumpkin squash gold, cinderella dusty rose, and cold dark evil-step mother gray, well, we are SO regretting that decision!


So please...help us make this a success...here are some tips.



  • As much as I love the idea of crisp, bright white linens, the reality is we have three large brown dogs that sleep on our bed. And a toddler who will probably vomit red koolaid in it at some point. 
  • Please pick the bottom nightstand.
  • And the bottom rug. Again...brown dogs...
  • I don't know how I feel about a globe light hanging above my bed...so pick it only if you think it's going to be way cool. Otherwise, the bedside lamps will be just fine.
  • The shower color is neutral no matter what, so go crazy. The sinks are all fabulous, love the mirrors.
  • Paint is an easy thing to fix if we hate it. Please pick what you think would go best with your other choices (as I say that, I am srunching my eyes shut and holding my breath like someone is going to give me a shot...of ugly wall color). 



Here's the link. Go watch our video. We look less douche-y than we thought we would. Then vote. And please don't vote for the portable towel warmer (?!?!). 


(website hint): Click on "Enter to Win an Item for Yourself" to vote. The website is seriously goofy and poorly designed. You might not find it any other way.








1 comment:

  1. Okay so I voted the 10 allowable times for the day.

    Linens - Marimekko
    Nightstand - bottom
    Rug - bottom
    Lighting - top
    Shower color - Rafia
    Sink - top
    Mirror - top
    Paint - pumpkin - I have to say - I like this color - it strikes me that it will look amazing at both dawn and dusk with filtered light.

    Good luck - very cool!

    ReplyDelete