Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3.30.11

Tomorrow was going to be a really fun day. 


Will and I and Tulip were going to walk in the Opening Day Parade with the Circle Tail dog rescue group we associate ourselves with. 


And then the weather forecast was cold. 


And then Tulip decided to (sorry: graphic) poop blood.


And now I will be taking her to the vet. 


At least we will be warm? 


Sometimes responsible parenting gets in the way of the good stuff. I would be a fool to let my just-getting-over-a-cold kid spend several hours in the cold, and even more foolish to just continue to let my dog be incredibly ill. 


(But she doesn't look sick!!?!)


So post-vet, we'll go out to lunch (Will and I--the dog should probably avoid food for a bit). And then I'll make him a Rosie Red ice cream float, and we'll watch the game, and it will be absolutely successful and lovely. 


I read an article recently that said although quantity and quality of fruits and veggies are important, it's variety that will really add to your vegetarian diet. (This same article also said that Americans' favorite vegetable is lettuce...really America? It's water. In leaf form.)


So, today, I roasted beets. First time. Ohmygoodnesstheywereamazing. And I'm glad my fingers didn't stay the shade of purple-hot pink they were when I peeled them. 


Add delicious beets (with Sturkey's vinaigrette) to a morning of shopping all by myself, and today was just as lovely and successful as tomorrow will hopefully be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment