Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3.2.11

Win!


I didn't have one single email with people's success hopes. I had THREE!


With each one I did a little happy dance. Thank you, blog readers! 


The first one comes from a facebook reader. I need to throw out there that this girl is celebrating 11 months clean. She has gone back to school in the last few months, and is working toward a degree in counseling. I cannot be more proud of her, and since she posted this on facebook publicly, I'm not afraid to sing her praises here. 


Here's what she is working on this month. What can you offer up for her dear blog readers? 


In March, I intend, that when going thru some of the difficult struggles that I know are coming up for my family this month, in terms of facing certain responsibilities in the clean-up of our lives that only started w/ recovery... I am going to face these difficult times w/ bravery but w/out self-pity, and with the strength that I know I'll need to be showing, as an example, for my children. I also intend to understand that everything happens for a reason, and that when it's all over with- we will have possibilities available to us that haven't been in a long time, if ever & maybe even be able to appreciate each other in ways that I won't understand until I've gone thru this. Good luck with all you intend to accomplish this month, Kristin! 


I think I'll just do one email at a time. I hope you'll keep sending them in. :o)


On a side note, I'll share two personal wins for the day.

  • Listening to my French I students translate some of their favorite slang phrases into French. I am always floored when they "take it to the next level." And in case you were wondering, "Girl, you do NOT want to go there!" in French I translation is, "Fille, tu ne veux pas aller là!" 
  • A yoga class tonight full of rock star yogis with amazing breath and power. Tooooootally makes up for Monday's bomb. 
And one fail.
  • I'm trying to find the whole "you need to lose some to win some" side of the initial passing of SB5. I haven't found it yet. However, I refuse to be the close-minded democrat who doesn't listen to what the powers that be are trying to say. What I will close my ears to are the people who say that I, as a teacher, "deserve" the "ill fate" that awaits me. I'm thinking this general open-minded, willing to listen attitude makes me an adult. I'm not sure what that makes the people in the two sentences prior. 
Don't forget to leave your words of support for our first e-mailer! And keep the submissions coming! No goal is too small. No success is too little to not be celebrated!





No comments:

Post a Comment