Monday, March 28, 2011

3.28.11

I taught a double-header tonight. This means I haven't thought too much about the poor blog. 


One margarita in to my dinner, after 9:00, and I am struggling for a post. 


(Side note: notice the shift in beverages...it used to be all red wine all the time...but with the onset of Spring, we need to partake in "lighter" beverages. I'd like to welcome the Margarita to the blog.)


After all, it's Spring Break. The only thing I was truly successful at today was doing absolutely nothing, and since that was my intention, I suppose it's all good. But there's nothing more to say.


So I started to peruse Facebook and see what people were successful at today. I was going to post some cool status updates. 


And then I stumbled across this gem from Simply Power Yoga, and decided the Facebook successes could wait. 


‎"The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishments." ~ Gustave Flaubert


I did not feel dejected or in despair today (although I have felt that way on certain days, yes). But maybe today had its not-so-hot moments for you, sweet blog reader. 


So this blog post--that little quote--is a friendly reminder that you've still got it in you. Even when you feel like all cards are stacked against you, if you cracked a smile, took a deep breath, powered on, kept the goal in sight...well, you are well on your way to success. 


Cheers to you.

1 comment:

  1. My poor blog is struggling this week because I am just being mom!!

    ReplyDelete