Sunday, November 20, 2011

11.20.11

Aside from the obvious reasons, I feel like this week is one of those times when we really reflect on our gratitude.


My gratitude has evolved over the years. I can remember being thankful for mashed potatoes, and puppies, and Zack Morris, and Tiffany songs twenty years ago. And then I was thankful for boyfriends and best friends and light beer and the "A" in Public Administration even though I hadn't a clue what the class was about. 


Those somewhat superficial, materialistic things have evolved even more, to a point where now I am grateful for every experience I've had--for the "As" and the "Ds;" for my current love and those from the past; for friendships that are strong and friendships that have fizzled; for epic failures and glorious successes; for tears shed and laughter shared; for periods of sadness and spans of joy; for every place I've been lucky enough to travel to, and for the places I have yet to explore; for family, near and far, souls here and souls passed; for moments of complete and total chaos and stress, and moments of blissful peace. 


Yesterday, I watched this Beyonce video, three times, just because. 


It stirred my memory pot, got me reflecting, and I hear the words again and again: I was here. I lived, I loved.


Happy week of gratitude. May you revel in your reflections of all the love in your life.

1 comment:

  1. There is love beyond measure in my life.....to the moon and back -actually!

    ReplyDelete