Saturday, November 12, 2011

11.12.11

On Saturday, she rested.


Probably since mid-August, I have been in complete "GO" mode. It's no one's fault but my own. So today, I rested.


And I loved every second of it.


Actually, it began yesterday. I took off after lunch. I've battled some form of a cold for a week and it was time to surrender. I went home, tossed all the makings for homemade chicken soup into the crockpot, made a cup of tea, and curled up with my dogs for a nap. I enjoyed an evening by the fire, and a full night's sleep (thank you Tylenol PM!). 


Today began with coffee, swimming lessons (I watched!), homemade banana bread, and it's ending with another fire. 


I am grateful for the opportunity to just stop--to give myself the best medicine I can: downtime, homemade goodness, and love.



No comments:

Post a Comment