Sunday, November 27, 2011

11.27.11

I love my husband.


No, I mean I really love him.


For every moment that I lose patience or faith, he reminds me of my strength.


Each instance I find myself weary and teary, his embrace brings a smile.


In the days I am wallowing and grumpy, he grounds me, reminds me of the good.


Having him in my life fulfills just about every intention of the year: Joy, Fun, Longevity, Luck, Wealth, Health, and oh my goodness Love!


I was flipping through one of my favorite books tonight--I've excerpted out of it before. This one's for G.


Together
We call down grace,
and gaze without wavering
into the fires of creation.


We find the place where
love embraces fear, and
tears taste like faith.


We let our radiance
be revealed in laughter
and in longing.


We hold the whole of life,
sweet grapes and bitter,
healing herbs--


We hold until we overflow 
and offer back the gifts
that we've received.


The vessel never empties.
The growing love between
us keeps it filled.


from Go In and In: Poems from the Heart of Yoga by Danna Faulds



No comments:

Post a Comment