Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11.8.11

I went to spinning tonight, as Greg and I do every Tuesday, and tonight, I cried through the middle fifteen minutes of class.


Sometimes I feel like Lance Armstrong on my bike. Sometimes in a yoga class, I feel like I'm Yoga Journal model material. 


And then sometimes I just want to hop off my bike, or roll up my mat, and freaking forget it.


That's when I need to stay the most.


"Tap it up a notch," Vicki encouraged us.


Not a chance.


"You're making those legs work tonight!" she cheered us on.


I don't wanna.


"Grab a drink. Take a deep breath. Relax," she said.


Instead, I cried. 


Whatever I was holding on to released its stupid grip, and although it was hard to breathe, in the dark room, to the sound of techno music, I released it.


"It's just you on a bike. Nothing else matters," Vicki said.


I found my breath, and I continued on.


At the end of class, I hugged Vicki, with more love then she probably knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment