Wednesday, November 23, 2011

11.23.11

I had two tremendous helpers today. Will was easily bribable with m&ms--he helped me dust and mop and scrub and polish. Olivia is a perfectionist, so she was all too eager to help me perfect my table setting.


Everything is prepped for tomorrow. The cherry pie is baked.


The pumpkin bread is ready for Bobby Flay's bread pudding. The cranberry sauce is chilled. The potatoes are begging to be peeled, diced, boiled, and mashed. 


The table is beautiful, if I do say so myself. 



The only person who isn't ready is, well, me.


I am beyond nervous for the Turkey Day race tomorrow. This seems like a silly thing to say, even as I type it.


Why? Will I have to pee? How much will I have to walk? How cold am I going to be? Will Will be okay in the stroller? How much pain will this cause after the race? Am I really okay to do this five months pregnant? 


I don't know. That's the answer. To all of it. And not knowing gives me butterflies (and nausea and indigestion).


So I'm going out there to have fun. Isn't that what it's about anyway? Oh, and did I mention I get to do it with Greg and Will, the two people I love the most? 


Tomorrow I will revel in love. I will be full of gratitude. I will run and walk and eat and laugh and hug and give thanks for the ability to do it all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment