Monday, November 28, 2011

11.28.11

I've been reflecting quite a bit lately on the blog.


Often times, it involves, "What to write about tonight?"


Other times, the thought is, "What will become of this thing on January 1?" 


Mostly, though, every night I think, "How can I pour my heart out and still continue to inspire others tonight?"


This leads to me thinking about the evolution of photographs (it's a random connection, but bear with me). Remember when you had to go to CVS and wait three days to get your pictures? Remember when you took a photo because you wanted to capture that moment and not because you wanted to online post brag about where you are--and make sure you got your best angle?


Remember when you wanted a professional photo, and you went to Sears? Or waited for the church directory photo? A (extremely talented and beautiful) photographer friend of mine recently blogged about how everyone's photos now look the same, all the photographer's logos look the same, and there isn't anything uniquely captured anymore. You can read it all here


I feel this way about blogs--about this blog, its evolution, where it will go. Am I writing what everyone has already done? Does the world really need another mommy blog or yogi blog or cooking blog or pregnancy blog or DIY home blog? 


Nah.


What I do know is that I love to write.


And in this moment, it's about all I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment