Saturday, November 5, 2011

11.5.11

I am incredibly grateful to be pregnant--for a second time--with my college roommate, Julia.

Greg suggested we tell the world about our pregnancies via a photo in Vegas at a craps table with the caption "What are the odds?" 

This was the best we could do, in the lobby of the Bellagio.

Honestly, not only am I grateful to share the ups and downs and aches and pains and highs and lows of pregnancy with her, but I am grateful to share with her the entire adventure that is motherhood.

Our texts to each other--on a pretty much daily basis--are consistently on the same three topics: terrible toddlers, pregnancy miseries, and realistic advice. 

Julia: Two-year old for sale. Cheap today.
Me: Let's do a two-for-one special! 

Me: I cried for awhile today because I think I'm raising a terror. 
Julia: Me too.

Me: I can only fathom eating french fries and coke. So that's what I just went and ate.
Julia: I'm so going to get that on my lunch break.

Julia: Luke found the vegetables I tried to hide in the mac n cheese. 
Me: I've got a great recipe. Emailing you now.

Me: Will's fever won't break. What do I do?
Julia: Alternate Tylenol and ibuprofen every four hours.

I love my dear friend. I love experiencing all of this with her, and I don't know that I would be as sane as I am without her. I am most certainly a better mother--if not for the advice, for the ability to share and vent and not be judged. Wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment